Monday, August 10, 2015

Ensalada de Garbanzos (Chickpeas Salad)


I was in Spain, the first week of July. Who would have thought that in the narrow lanes of Santiago de Compostela (Galicia, Spain) I would come across this beautiful restaurant, that has a separate vegan 3-course meal in their menu. That too 3 to 4 options!!

After some hard core travel, I had this salad that was just right for my growling tummy and yearning soul. Ok! now that's a little dramatic... but hey I ate it at 11 p.m ... you can't blame me!!

So here it is, a fresh, healthy, vegan salad  meal. Oasis in the middle of carne of Spain...:)











What you need?

 1. Chickpeas - 1 cup (boiled)
 2. Tomatoes - 1 
 3. Paprika - 1 
 4. Salad leaves - 4 to 5
 5. Vinegar - 3 tspn (or to taste)
 6. Salt - to taste 
 7. Olive Oil - 1 to 2 tspn
 8. Onion*  (I haven't used)


What you have to do? 


1. Mix boiled chickpeas, diced tomatoes and paprika together. Add finely chopped onions if you may.

2. Sprinkle salt, drizzle vinegar and olive oil.
   
3.Serve it on some salad leaves


Don't Hangry Me!! ;)


Confessions:
  • One serving was very sumptuous and cost merely 3 Euros in the restaurant.
  • This was the starter. I shamelessly asked for another serving instead of main course :D. But was unfortunately denied... :\
  • We (me and hubby) craved for this salad in the rest of our trip. But could never find it in the rest of Asturias. At least not in the places we explored. So as soon as we reached home, I tried to replicate it sans the onions of course. (you know my recipes are No onion, No garlic). And I am proud that it is very close.
  • Taste: Very fresh, crunchy, sour, Burst of flavours ! 
  • This is my very OWN recipe. Although I replicated the restaurant's recipe* with the help of my senses...:) 
* Add finely chopped onions for the authentic recipe

Restaurant : A Tulla , Callejón de Entrerruas, 15705 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...