Thursday, August 6, 2015

Black Forest Cake




It was my birthday on July 4th and I made my favourite cake. *Drum Roll*

Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte 
or.... The Black Forest Cake :)

"You can not live in Germany near Black forest and not make this. It is a sin." - I told to myself so that I don't feel guilty. 

Oh no, I am not counting calories. It's my Birthday for God's sakes... Geez!! 






What you need?

 1. Chocolate Sponge Cake - 2
 2. Cherries - 500 gms
 3. Sugar - 2 tbsp
 4. Whipping heavy cream - 300 gms or as you wish
 5. Chocolate Shavings - 100 gms or as much as you like


What you have to do?


Just follow the pictures. 



Pit the cherries, blend and strain to get this extract.




Whip the heavy cream + sugar




Repeat for the second layer



 






Finally pipe whipped cream and decorate with whole cherries

   
Now You Can Eat The Cake And Have It Too...;) 


Confessions:
  • The cake moisture was intact and tasted the same for up to 3 days when refrigerated.
  • Chocolate shaving can be made at home by shaving chocolate bars using knife. But I have used store bought one.
  • The chocolates actually stuck to my hand while decorating. So I had to do it quickly. 
  • Cherries aren't bright red because these are straight from the garden (not processed) and had the right amount of sweetness. Turns out "real" cherries aren't bright red after all...:\
  • I usually don't like cakes. But this one here is an exception. I had it first when I was in High-school. It was the expensive one in the bakery...! So I had more than half of this (in a span of 3 days) and God knows how much I have put up.!! :D
  • One can actually cut down the amount of cream and chocolates shavings used for decoration. This is a versatile cake and decorating is up to us...:)

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...