Sunday, August 2, 2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars (No Bake )



 So I was getting bored of eating store-bought snacks and thought o making something at home. I also had chocolates lying in my pantry for god knows how many days. 

So I made this No Pasina - No Bake bars recipe. 


Even if you are not a peanut butter fan (like me) you WILL love it.

These are not just treat to your taste buds but also to your eyes.




I am talking about this beauty :) A piece of art I say...





What you need?

 1. Plain Biscuits - 200 gms
 2. Melted Butter - 1/3 cup
 3. Peanut butter -  1/2 cup + 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp 
 4. Bar Chocolate - 200 gms



What you have to do? 

Grind the biscuits into coarse powder



Add Peanut butter (1/2 cup) and melted butter and mix till they come together



Grease and line a tray with butter paper
Spread the mixture to form the base




Melt 2 tbsp of peanut butter


Melt the bar chocolates



Add in 1/4 cup of peanut butter


Spread the melted chocolate on the biscuit base




Drop some melted peanut butter on it and swirl using the back of a spoon


Refrigerate for 2 hrs and voila




No one can eat just one...:)



Confessions:
  • The chocolate I had used 50% dark. Any chocolate can be used. White chocolate too.
  • Except for melting part, there is no heat involved. And chocolate is melted in a double boiler* so win-win.
  • From the above, No pasina (sweat), No hard work guaranteed. Hence proved!  
  • Taste : The base is salty and crunchy. The top is sweet and soft. Perfect balance. And just one fills your stomach (But you may crave for more ;))
  • This is NOT my own recipe, I found a video on a friend's facebook wall. 
* Double Boiler is a method to melt chocolates. A pan of boiling water underneath the bowl of chocolate. So the chocolate is not burnt and melts from the heat of steam.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...